Sunday 3 January 2010

Days 1-3

Well there's always a problem to start with. Siegrid inconveniently chose the 3rd of January to start this challenge, leaving me 3 photos short at the start. However my crazy skills soon overcame that problem and one photoshoot later (my mood not helped by Manchester United losing beforehand), I have selected photos to represent days 1 to 3.



Day 1
This first one is very representative of the dynamics of our 2 boys. In the foreground Ewan is having a minor paddy, and in the background Denis is in the middle of an engineering project (building a ramp for sledging over).



Day 2
This was the dramatic sunset that really did all the work for me - all that was left for me to do was fiddle hopefully with the camera trying to discover how to get the most out of it. I like this one most -the lens flare would make J.J.Abrams weep...



Day 3
Once Ewan cheered up again I managed this shot of him having a break, the sunset reflecting off the flask.



It was a learning curve today, and I wouldn't expect to see any of my photos on the cover of National Geographic yet, but I reckon by the June edition they'll be ringing me...

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Sure they will...:-)

    I love the first photo because of its light and the "frozen" dynamic of the boys...

    I am curious to follow the way to the first Nat.Geog. exhibition...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! would that internet friend be me? :)
    well...maybe we'll all keep each other motivated. good luck with it! ..now out to get my picture for the day! in the freezing cold. in the snow we got last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisia, thanks very much - now we're getting a laptop to cope with the extra blogging activity :D

    dat Bea - you shall be guest of honour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a minor paddy? would you be taking the p!ss out of the irish? shame on you!!! suzanne (irish friend of siegrid - and vickie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne - hardly! It's used in England as meaning a tantrum... Bear in mind Denis's middle name is Padraic!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis