Tuesday 5 January 2010

Day 5: Baby it's cold outside

Brrr. I came home to an empty house today. A cold, draughty, empty house. Unfortunately our house is old and has no central heating system, which means that a roaring fire is a winter must-have. Ever the practical man, I killed 2 birds with one stone by practising with the camera whilst the fire got going. I'm beginning to get the hang of the different settings - and I'm very proud of myself for not using any automatic or default settings yet!




Tomorrow is a bank holiday in Austria & Germany, so I'll have the daylight hours at my disposal - all I need now is an idea. I must admit it was one of the best decisions of my life to live over here, you're never far away from the next public holiday :D

Siegrid has now returned from her day trip - she spent all day at a huge indoor playground with the boys, so I'm curious about what photo she's going to post...

3 comments:

  1. aw and it was soooo great to come home to a warm house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is really great!!!!

    Just a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool shoot.
    ..well, warm really. :)
    nothing like a "real fire" on a cold day.
    love your fireplace. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis