Sunday 17 January 2010

Day 16: Toboggan or not toboggan, that is the question

Or at least it was after hurling myself down a large mountain on a flimsy piece of wood last night. Winter sports are not the safest pastimes anyway, but combined with the German love for good food and Schnapps, yesterday I really found myself asking "Why am I doing this?" as my fragile bag of meat and bones sailed ever closer past giant, granite-like fir trees.

As always, my plans for taking photos were thwarted :(
I only took my Lumix snapshot camera with me, as I've heard the Canon EOS series is very sensitive to high-speed crashes. As soon as the tractor started pulling us up the mountain though, the batteries of the camera drained from full to empty in about 10 seconds. Well, it was cold, but that was very disappointing. Surprisingly, the pub at the top of the mountain didn't sell fresh batteries, so I had to purchase copious amounts of alcohol instead which, in turn, rather influenced my steering skills. So I'm afraid the shots I anticipated taking were not to be...

Still, enjoy today's (well yesterday's really) photo...




and a bonus mountain shot :D


2 comments:

ShareThis