Monday 4 January 2010

Day 4: The unbearable lightness of Gumpling

Today was a rude awakening - the big flaw in the plan. While I leave the house at 6 in the morning to go to work, my darling wife saunters out of bed some hours later and then spends quality time in daylight hours carefully crafting a picture. I, on the other hand, come home from work to be greeted by dusk and 11w of energy saving light bulb power.

Therefore today's efforts reflect this imbalance - Siegrid's photo shows beautiful rays of light sweeping across the lounge floor, and my brave attempt required cardiopulmonary resuscitation in photoshop to make it worthy of even my humble blog. Hmmmm, I think I might hide Siegrid's camera tomorrow morning while she sleeps...

Today's photo then. My two boys in their favourite world - Planet Lego. Enjoy, and I promise to come up with something lighter tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. well done babe - so sorry you had such bad light! Maybe I need you as an assistant on my next shoot on wednesday and you can try your skills there?! ;-) that would get you day 6 done!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och, come on, Jamie, do not moan about the missing light. Every daytime has his own magic, there does not have to be more illumination to that szene.

    It is so cute and well-caught the concentration only a child can show, isn´t it?

    If only there would not be so much noise on Planet Lego (I declare that I really don´t miss the scratching sound of my son searching this one special stone out of a huge plastic container...) and so much pain ("finding" the bits with my bare feet on the living room´s floor :-)
    But I do miss the explanations of the function of my son´s creations....what a power of imagination!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis